WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. falsify, distort, garble, warp, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make false by mutilation or addition; as of a message or story
- 2. fudge, manipulate, fake, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent, cheat, chisel
- usage: tamper, with the purpose of deception; "Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
- 3. falsify, disprove, confute
- usage: prove false; "Falsify a claim"
- 4. falsify, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: falsify knowingly; "She falsified the records"
- 5. interpolate, alter, falsify, edit, redact
- usage: insert words into texts, often falsifying it thereby
All rights reserved.
See also: falsify (Dictionary)