Synonyms of fake
- 1. fake, sham, postiche, imitation
- usage: something that is a counterfeit; not what it seems to be
- 2. imposter, impostor, pretender, fake, faker, fraud, sham, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role player, deceiver, cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker
- usage: a person who makes deceitful pretenses
- 3. juke, fake, feint
- usage: (football) a deceptive move made by a football player
- 1. forge, fake, counterfeit, re-create
- usage: make a copy of with the intent to deceive; "he faked the signature"; "they counterfeited dollar bills"; "She forged a Green Card"
- 2. fudge, manipulate, fake, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent, cheat, chisel
- usage: tamper, with the purpose of deception; "Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
- 3. talk through one's hat, bullshit, bull, fake, feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble
- usage: speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths; "The politician was not well prepared for the debate and faked it"
- 1. bogus, fake, phony, phoney, bastard, counterfeit (vs. genuine), imitative
- usage: fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
- 2. fake, false, faux, imitation, simulated, artificial (vs. natural), unreal
- usage: not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; "it isn't fake anything; it's real synthetic fur"; "faux pearls"; "false teeth"; "decorated with imitation palm leaves"; "a purse of simulated alligator hide"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fake (Dictionary)