WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. religion, faith, religious belief, belief, theological virtue, supernatural virtue
- usage: a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality"
- 2. faith, trust, belief
- usage: complete confidence in a person or plan etc; "he cherished the faith of a good woman"; "the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust"
- 3. religion, faith, organized religion, institution, establishment
- usage: an institution to express belief in a divine power; "he was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him"
- 4. faith, commitment, allegiance, loyalty, dedication
- usage: loyalty or allegiance to a cause or a person; "keep the faith"; "they broke faith with their investors"
All rights reserved.
See also: faith (Dictionary)