Synonyms of fail safe
- 1. fail-safe, mechanism
- usage: a mechanism capable of returning to a safe state in case there is a failure or malfunction
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fail-safe, secure (vs. insecure)
- usage: guaranteed not to fail; "a fail-safe recipe for cheese souffle"
- 2. fail-safe, safe (vs. dangerous)
- usage: eliminating danger by compensating automatically for a failure or malfunction; "a fail-safe device in a nuclear weapon to deactivate it automatically in the event of accident"
All rights reserved.