- 1. eye, oculus, optic, sense organ, sensory receptor, receptor
- usage: the organ of sight
- 2. eye, sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment
- usage: good discernment (either visually or as if visually); "she has an eye for fresh talent"; "he has an artist's eye"
- 3. eye, attention, attending
- usage: attention to what is seen; "he tried to catch her eye"
- 4. center, centre, middle, heart, eye, area, country
- usage: an area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm"
- 5. eye, hole
- usage: a small hole or loop (as in a needle); "the thread wouldn't go through the eye"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. eye, eyeball, look
- usage: look at
All rights reserved.
See also: eye (Dictionary)