WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. uproot, eradicate, extirpate, root out, exterminate, destroy, destruct
- usage: destroy completely, as if down to the roots; "the vestiges of political democracy were soon uprooted" "root out corruption"
- 2. uproot, extirpate, deracinate, root out, move, displace
- usage: pull up by or as if by the roots; "uproot the vine that has spread all over the garden"
- 3. extirpate, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: surgically remove (an organ)
All rights reserved.
See also: extirpate (Dictionary)