WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. explanation, account, statement
- usage: a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.; "the explanation was very simple"; "I expected a brief account"
- 2. explanation, thinking, thought, thought process, cerebration, intellection, mentation
- usage: thought that makes something comprehensible
- 3. explanation, speech act
- usage: the act of explaining; making something plain or intelligible; "I heard his explanation of the accident"
All rights reserved.
See also: explanation (Dictionary)