WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Eve
- usage: (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology: the first woman and mother of the human race; God created Eve from Adam's rib and placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
- 2. eve, day, twenty-four hours, twenty-four hour period, 24-hour interval, solar day, mean solar day
- usage: the day before; "he always arrives on the eve of her departure"
- 3. eve, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the period immediately before something; "on the eve of the French Revolution"
- 4. evening, eve, even, eventide, day, daytime, daylight
- usage: the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall); "he enjoyed the evening light across the lake"
All rights reserved.
See also: eve (Dictionary)