WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aeriform, aerial, airy, aery, ethereal, insubstantial (vs. substantial), unsubstantial, unreal
- usage: characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air; "figures light and aeriform come unlooked for and melt away"- Thomas Carlyle; "aerial fancies"; "an airy apparition"; "physical rather than ethereal forms"
- 2. ethereal
- usage: of or containing or dissolved in ether; "ethereal solution"
- 3. celestial, ethereal, supernal, heavenly (vs. earthly)
- usage: of heaven or the spirit; "celestial peace"; "ethereal melodies"; "the supernal happiness of a quiet death"
- 4. ethereal, gossamer, delicate (vs. rugged)
- usage: characterized by unusual lightness and delicacy; "this smallest and most ethereal of birds"; "gossamer shading through his playing"
All rights reserved.
See also: ethereal (Dictionary)