- 1. estimate, estimation, approximation, idea, calculation, computation, figuring, reckoning
- usage: an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth; "an estimate of what it would cost"; "a rough idea how long it would take"
- 2. estimate, estimation, judgment, judgement, assessment
- usage: a judgment of the qualities of something or somebody; "many factors are involved in any estimate of human life"; "in my estimation the boy is innocent"
- 3. appraisal, estimate, estimation, commercial document, commercial instrument
- usage: a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
- 4. estimate, statement
- usage: a statement indicating the likely cost of some job; "he got an estimate from the car repair shop"
- 5. estimate, estimation, respect, esteem, regard
- usage: the respect with which a person is held; "they had a high estimation of his ability"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
- 2. calculate, estimate, reckon, count on, figure, forecast, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: judge to be probable
All rights reserved.
See also: estimate (Dictionary)