Synonyms of ennobling
- 1. ennoble, dignify, honor, honour, reward
- usage: confer dignity or honor upon; "He was dignified with a title"
- 2. ennoble, gentle, entitle, promote, upgrade, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate
- usage: give a title to someone; make someone a member of the nobility
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dignifying, ennobling, noble (vs. ignoble)
- usage: investing with dignity or honor; "the dignifying effect of his presence"; "the ennobling influence of cultural surroundings"
- 2. ennobling, exalting, inspiring (vs. uninspiring)
- usage: tending to exalt; "an exalting eulogy"; "ennobling thoughts"
All rights reserved.