Synonyms of encouraging
- 1. promote, advance, boost, further, encourage, support, back up
- usage: contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
- 2. encourage, inspire, animate, invigorate, enliven, exalt
- usage: inspire with confidence; give hope or courage to
- 3. encourage, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: spur on; "His financial success encouraged him to look for a wife"
- 1. encouraging (vs. discouraging), exhortative, exhortatory, hortative, hortatory, heartening, inspiriting, promotive, rallying, helpful, hopeful, reassuring
- usage: giving courage or confidence or hope; "encouraging advances in medical research"
- 2. encouraging, supporting, supportive (vs. unsupportive)
- usage: furnishing support and encouragement; "the anxious child needs supporting and accepting treatment from the teacher"
All rights reserved.