WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. empiricism, empiricist philosophy, sensationalism, philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory
- usage: (philosophy) the doctrine that knowledge derives from experience
- 2. empiricism, investigation, investigating
- usage: the application of empirical methods in any art or science
- 3. quackery, empiricism, medical practice
- usage: medical practice and advice based on observation and experience in ignorance of scientific findings
All rights reserved.
See also: empiricism (Dictionary)