WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. election, vote
- usage: a vote to select the winner of a position or political office; "the results of the election will be announced tonight"
- 2. election, choice, selection, option, pick
- usage: the act of selecting someone or something; the exercise of deliberate choice; "her election of medicine as a profession"
- 3. election, status, position
- usage: the status or fact of being elected; "they celebrated his election"
- 4. election, predestination, foreordination, preordination, predetermination
- usage: the predestination of some individuals as objects of divine mercy (especially as conceived by Calvinists)
All rights reserved.
See also: election (Dictionary)