- 1. elder, senior, adult, grownup
- usage: a person who is older than you are
- 2. elder, elderberry bush, shrub, bush
- usage: any of numerous shrubs or small trees of temperate and subtropical northern hemisphere having white flowers and berrylike fruit
- 3. elder, church officer
- usage: any of various church officers
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elder, older, sr., senior (vs. junior)
- usage: used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son; "Bill Adams, Sr."
All rights reserved.
See also: elder (Dictionary)