- 1. rubber band, elastic band, elastic, band, elastic device
- usage: a narrow band of elastic rubber used to hold things (such as papers) together
- 2. elastic, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a fabric made of yarns containing an elastic material
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elastic (vs. inelastic), bouncy, live, lively, resilient, springy, chewy, elasticized, elasticised, expandable, expandible, expansible, expansile, fictile, moldable, plastic, flexible, whippy, rubbery, rubberlike, springlike, stretch, stretchable, stretchy, viscoelastic, flexible#2, flexile
- usage: capable of resuming original shape after stretching or compression; springy; "an elastic band"; "a youthful and elastic walk"
- 2. elastic, flexible, pliable, pliant, adaptable (vs. unadaptable)
- usage: able to adjust readily to different conditions; "an adaptable person"; "a flexible personality"; "an elastic clause in a contract"
All rights reserved.
See also: elastic (Dictionary)