WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amplification, elaboration, expansion, expanding upon
- usage: addition of extra material or illustration or clarifying detail; "a few remarks added in amplification and defense"; "an elaboration of the sketch followed"
- 2. refinement, elaboration, improvement, betterment, advance
- usage: the result of improving something; "he described a refinement of this technique"
- 3. expansion, enlargement, elaboration, discussion, treatment, discourse
- usage: a discussion that provides additional information
- 4. elaborateness, elaboration, intricacy, involution, complexity, complexness
- usage: marked by elaborately complex detail
- 5. elaboration, working out, development
- usage: developing in intricate and painstaking detail
All rights reserved.
See also: elaboration (Dictionary)