Synonyms of edging
- 1. edging, border
- usage: border consisting of anything placed on the edge to finish something (such as a fringe on clothing or on a rug)
- 1. edge, inch, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: advance slowly, as if by inches; "He edged towards the car"
- 2. border, edge, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
- 3. border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
- 4. edge, sharpen
- usage: provide with an edge; "edge a blade"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of edging (Dictionary)