WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. economy, economic system, system, scheme
- usage: the system of production and distribution and consumption
- 2. economy, efficiency
- usage: the efficient use of resources; "economy of effort"
- 3. economy, thriftiness, frugality, frugalness
- usage: frugality in the expenditure of money or resources; "the Scots are famous for their economy"
- 4. economy, saving, action
- usage: an act of economizing; reduction in cost; "it was a small economy to walk to work every day"; "there was a saving of 50 cents"
All rights reserved.
See also: economy (Dictionary)