- 1. eagle, bird of Jove, bird of prey, raptor, raptorial bird
- usage: any of various large keen-sighted diurnal birds of prey noted for their broad wings and strong soaring flight
- 2. eagle, score
- usage: (golf) a score of two strokes under par on a hole
- 3. eagle, coin
- usage: a former gold coin in the United States worth 10 dollars
- 4. eagle, emblem, allegory
- usage: an emblem representing power; "the Roman eagle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. eagle, double birdie, shoot
- usage: shoot two strokes under par; "She eagled the hole"
- 2. eagle, score, hit, tally, rack up
- usage: shoot in two strokes under par
All rights reserved.
See also: eagle (Dictionary)