Synonyms of dust
- 1. dust, particulate, particulate matter
- usage: fine powdery material such as dry earth or pollen that can be blown about in the air; "the furniture was covered with dust"
- 2. debris, dust, junk, rubble, detritus, rubbish, trash, scrap
- usage: the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
- 3. dust, material, stuff
- usage: free microscopic particles of solid material; "astronomers say that the empty space between planets actually contains measurable amounts of dust"
- 1. dust, clean, make clean
- usage: remove the dust from; "dust the cabinets"
- 2. dust, smear, blur, smudge, smutch
- usage: rub the dust over a surface so as to blur the outlines of a shape; "The artist dusted the charcoal drawing down to a faint image"
- 3. dust, cover
- usage: cover with a light dusting of a substance; "dust the bread with flour"
- 4. scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse, discharge
- usage: distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dust (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.