- 1. dun, saddle horse, riding horse, mount
- usage: horse of a dull brownish grey color
- 2. dun, greyish brown, grayish brown, fawn, light brown
- usage: a color or pigment varying around a light grey-brown color; "she wore dun"
- 1. torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate, harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke
- usage: treat cruelly; "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
- 2. dun, demand
- usage: persistently ask for overdue payment; "The grocer dunned his customers every day by telephone"
- 3. dun, cure
- usage: cure by salting; "dun codfish"
- 4. dun, darken
- usage: make a dun color
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dun, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a dull greyish brown to brownish grey color; "the dun and dreary prairie"
All rights reserved.
See also: dun (Dictionary)