Synonyms of dulled
- 1. dull, change, alter, modify
- usage: make dull in appearance; "Age had dulled the surface"
- 2. dull, change
- usage: become dull or lusterless in appearance; lose shine or brightness; "the varnished table top dulled with time"
- 3. muffle, mute, dull, damp, dampen, tone down, soften
- usage: deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
- 4. numb, benumb, blunt, dull, desensitize, desensitise
- usage: make numb or insensitive; "The shock numbed her senses"
- 5. dull, blunt, change, alter, modify
- usage: make dull or blunt; "Too much cutting dulls the knife's edge"
- 6. pall, dull, change
- usage: become less interesting or attractive
- 7. dull, weaken
- usage: make less lively or vigorous; "Middle age dulled her appetite for travel"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dulled, benumbed, uninterested (vs. interested)
- usage: having lost or been caused to lose interest because of overexposure; "the mind of the audience is becoming dulled"; "the benumbed intellectual faculties can no longer respond"
- 2. blunted, dulled, dull (vs. sharp)
- usage: made dull or blunt
- 3. dulled, greyed, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: deprived of color; "colors dulled by too much sun"; "greyed with the dust of the road"
All rights reserved.