- 1. paddlefish, duckbill, Polyodon spathula, ganoid, ganoid fish
- usage: primitive fish of the Mississippi valley having a long paddle-shaped snout
- 2. platypus, duckbill, duckbilled platypus, duck-billed platypus, Ornithorhynchus anatinus, monotreme, egg-laying mammal
- usage: small densely furred aquatic monotreme of Australia and Tasmania having a broad bill and tail and webbed feet; only species in the family Ornithorhynchidae
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. duckbill, duck-billed, beaked (vs. beakless)
- usage: having a beak resembling that of a duck; "a duck-billed dinosaur"
All rights reserved.
See also: duckbill (Dictionary)