- 1. thrashing, walloping, debacle, drubbing, slaughter, trouncing, whipping, defeat, licking
- usage: a sound defeat
- 2. beating, thrashing, licking, drubbing, lacing, trouncing, whacking, corporal punishment
- usage: the act of inflicting corporal punishment with repeated blows
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cream, bat, clobber, drub, thrash, lick, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
All rights reserved.
See also: drubbing (Dictionary)