Synonyms of drop off
- 1. slump, slack, drop-off, falloff, falling off, deterioration, decline in quality, declension, worsening
- usage: a noticeable deterioration in performance or quality; "the team went into a slump"; "a gradual slack in output"; "a drop-off in attendance"; "a falloff in quality"
- 2. cliff, drop, drop-off, geological formation, formation
- usage: a steep high face of rock; "he stood on a high cliff overlooking the town"; "a steep drop"
- 3. decrease, lessening, drop-off, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a change downward; "there was a decrease in his temperature as the fever subsided"; "there was a sharp drop-off in sales"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. drop off, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: fall or diminish; "The number of students in this course dropped off after the first test"
- 2. fall asleep, dope off, flake out, drift off, nod off, drop off, doze off, drowse off
- usage: change from a waking to a sleeping state; "he always falls asleep during lectures"
- 3. drop, drop off, set down, put down, unload, discharge, deliver
- usage: leave or unload; "unload the cargo"; "drop off the passengers at the hotel"
- 4. fall back, lose, drop off, fall behind, recede, regress, retrograde, retrogress
- usage: retreat
- 5. slip, drop off, drop away, fall away, worsen, decline
- usage: get worse; "My grades are slipping"
All rights reserved.