Synonyms of drilled
- 1. bore, drill, cut
- usage: make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool; "don't drill here, there's a gas pipe"; "drill a hole into the wall"; "drill for oil"; "carpenter bees are boring holes into the wall"
- 2. drill, train, develop, prepare, educate
- usage: train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons
- 3. drill, exercise, practice, practise, learn, study, read, take
- usage: learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
- 4. drill, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: teach by repetition
- 5. drill, train, prepare
- usage: undergo military training or do military exercises
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. drilled, trained (vs. untrained)
- usage: trained in a skill by repetitious practice; "well-drilled in military procedures"
All rights reserved.