- 1. drip, trickle, dribble, flow, flowing
- usage: flowing in drops; the formation and falling of drops of liquid; "there's a drip through the roof"
- 2. drool, dribble, drivel, slobber, saliva, spit, spittle
- usage: saliva spilling from the mouth
- 3. dribble, dribbling, propulsion, actuation
- usage: the propulsion of a ball by repeated taps or kicks
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trickle, dribble, filter, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: run or flow slowly, as in drops or in an unsteady stream; "water trickled onto the lawn from the broken hose"; "reports began to dribble in"
- 2. dribble, drip, drop, pour
- usage: let or cause to fall in drops; "dribble oil into the mixture"
- 3. dribble, carry, hit
- usage: propel, "Carry the ball"; "dribble the ball"
- 4. drivel, drool, slabber, slaver, slobber, dribble, salivate
- usage: let saliva drivel from the mouth; "The baby drooled"
All rights reserved.
See also: dribble (Dictionary)