Synonyms of dress up
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overdress, dress up, fig out, fig up, deck up, gussy up, fancy up, trick up, deck out, trick out, prink, attire, get up, rig out, tog up, tog out, dress, get dressed
- usage: put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive; "She never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"; "The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
- 2. dress up, window-dress, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: make something appear superficially attractive; "The researcher tried to dress up the uninteresting data"; "Don't try to dress up the unpleasant truth"
- 3. caparison, bard, barde, dress up, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: put a caparison on; "caparison the horses for the festive occasion"
- 4. costume, dress up, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: dress in a costume; "We dressed up for Halloween as pumpkins"
- 5. dress, dress up, dress, get dressed
- usage: dress in a certain manner; "She dresses in the latest Paris fashion"; "he dressed up in a suit and tie"
All rights reserved.