- 1. dress, frock, woman's clothing
- usage: a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice
- 2. attire, garb, dress, clothing, article of clothing, vesture, wear, wearable, habiliment
- usage: clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion; "formal attire"; "battle dress"
- 3. apparel, wearing apparel, dress, clothes, clothing, article of clothing, vesture, wear, wearable, habiliment
- usage: clothing in general; "she was refined in her choice of apparel"; "he always bought his clothes at the same store"; "fastidious about his dress"
- 1. dress, get dressed, change
- usage: put on clothes; "we had to dress quickly"; "dress the patient"; "Can the child dress by herself?"
- 2. dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel, change state, turn
- usage: provide with clothes or put clothes on; "Parents must feed and dress their child"
- 3. dress, finish
- usage: put a finish on; "dress the surface smooth"
- 4. dress, dress up, dress, get dressed
- usage: dress in a certain manner; "She dresses in the latest Paris fashion"; "he dressed up in a suit and tie"
- 5. preen, primp, plume, dress, overdress, dress up, fig out, fig up, deck up, gussy up, fancy up, trick up, deck out, trick out, prink, attire, get up, rig out, tog up, tog out
- usage: dress or groom with elaborate care; "She likes to dress when going to the opera"
- 6. dress, dress out, cook, fix, ready, make, prepare
- usage: kill and prepare for market or consumption; "dress a turkey"
- 7. dress, line up, position
- usage: arrange in ranks; "dress troops"
- 8. trim, garnish, dress, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
- 9. dress, decorate, arrange, set up
- usage: provide with decoration; "dress the windows"
- 10. dress, put on, apply
- usage: put a dressing on; "dress the salads"
- 11. snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back, thin out
- usage: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
- 12. dress, pare, trim
- usage: cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width
- 13. dress, convert
- usage: convert into leather; "dress the tanned skins"
- 14. dress, treat, care for
- usage: apply a bandage or medication to; "dress the victim's wounds"
- 15. dress, groom, curry, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: give a neat appearance to; "groom the dogs"; "dress the horses"
- 16. dress, arrange, set, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure, groom, neaten
- usage: arrange attractively; "dress my hair for the wedding"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. full-dress, dress, formal (vs. informal)
- usage: suitable for formal occasions; "formal wear"; "a full-dress uniform"; "dress shoes"
- 2. dress, full-dress, formal (vs. informal)
- usage: (of an occasion) requiring formal clothes; "a dress dinner"; "a full-dress ceremony"
All rights reserved.
See also: dress (Dictionary)