Synonyms of drenching
- 1. drenching, soaking, souse, sousing, wetting
- usage: the act of making something completely wet; "he gave it a good drenching"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. swamp, drench, flood
- usage: drench or submerge or be drenched or submerged; "The tsunami swamped every boat in the harbor"
- 2. drench, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: force to drink
- 3. imbrue, drench, impregnate, saturate
- usage: permeate or impregnate; "The war drenched the country in blood"
- 4. drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse, wet
- usage: cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
All rights reserved.