Synonyms of drained
- 1. drain, run out, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: flow off gradually; "The rain water drains into this big vat"
- 2. drain, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: deplete of resources; "The exercise class drains me of energy"
- 3. drain, empty
- usage: empty of liquid; drain the liquid from; "We drained the oil tank"
- 4. enfeeble, debilitate, drain, weaken
- usage: make weak; "Life in the camp drained him"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. drained (vs. undrained), empty, exhausted
- usage: emptied or exhausted of (as by drawing off e.g. water or other liquid); "a drained marsh"; "a drained tank"; "a drained and apathetic old man...not caring any longer about anything"
- 2. knackered, drained, tired (vs. rested)
- usage: very tired
- 3. dead, drained, uncharged (vs. charged)
- usage: drained of electric charge; discharged; "a dead battery"; "left the lights on and came back to find the battery drained"
All rights reserved.