- 1. dove, pigeon
- usage: any of numerous small pigeons
- 2. dove, peacenik, pacifist, pacificist, disarmer
- usage: someone who prefers negotiations to armed conflict in the conduct of foreign relations
- 3. Columba, Dove
- usage: a constellation in the southern hemisphere near Puppis and Caelum
- 4. squab, dove, poultry
- usage: flesh of a pigeon suitable for roasting or braising; flesh of a dove (young squab) may be broiled
- 5. dove, emblem, allegory
- usage: an emblem of peace
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dive, plunge, plunk, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: drop steeply; "the stock market plunged"
- 2. dive, submerge, submerse
- usage: plunge into water; "I was afraid to dive from the board into the pool"
- 3. dive, swim
- usage: swim under water; "the children enjoyed diving and looking for shells"
All rights reserved.
See also: dove (Dictionary)