- 1. doubt, uncertainty, incertitude, dubiety, doubtfulness, dubiousness, cognitive state, state of mind
- usage: the state of being unsure of something
- 2. doubt, dubiousness, doubtfulness, question, uncertainty, uncertainness, precariousness
- usage: uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something; "the dubiousness of his claim"; "there is no question about the validity of the enterprise"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. doubt, disbelieve, discredit
- usage: consider unlikely or have doubts about; "I doubt that she will accept his proposal of marriage"
- 2. doubt, distrust, mistrust, suspect
- usage: lack confidence in or have doubts about; "I doubt these reports"; "I suspect her true motives"; "she distrusts her stepmother"
All rights reserved.
See also: doubt (Dictionary)