WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dormant, hibernating(prenominal), torpid, asleep(predicate) (vs. awake)
- usage: in a condition of biological rest or suspended animation; "dormant buds"; "a hibernating bear"; "torpid frogs"
- 2. dormant (vs. active), inactive, quiescent
- usage: (of e.g. volcanos) not erupting and not extinct ; "a dormant volcano"
- 3. dormant(postnominal), sleeping, unerect (vs. erect)
- usage: lying with head on paws as if sleeping
- 4. abeyant, dormant, inactive (vs. active)
- usage: inactive but capable of becoming active; "her feelings of affection are dormant but easily awakened"
All rights reserved.
See also: dormant (Dictionary)