- 1. dominant, note, musical note, tone
- usage: (music) the fifth note of the diatonic scale
- 2. dominant allele, dominant, allele, allelomorph
- usage: an allele that produces the same phenotype whether its paired allele is identical or different
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dominant (vs. subordinate), ascendant, ascendent, dominating, controlling, governing, overriding, paramount, predominant, predominate, preponderant, preponderating, possessive, sovereign, supreme, superior, superior
- usage: exercising influence or control; "television plays a dominant role in molding public opinion"; "the dominant partner in the marriage"
- 2. dominant (vs. recessive)
- usage: (of genes) producing the same phenotype whether its allele is identical or dissimilar
- 3. prevailing, prevalent, predominant, dominant, rife, frequent (vs. infrequent)
- usage: most frequent or common; "prevailing winds"
All rights reserved.
See also: dominant (Dictionary)