Synonyms of diving
- 1. diving, diving event, match
- usage: an athletic competition that involves diving into water
- 2. dive, diving, swimming, swim
- usage: a headlong plunge into water
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dive, plunge, plunk, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: drop steeply; "the stock market plunged"
- 2. dive, submerge, submerse
- usage: plunge into water; "I was afraid to dive from the board into the pool"
- 3. dive, swim
- usage: swim under water; "the children enjoyed diving and looking for shells"
All rights reserved.