WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. divergence, divergency, separation
- usage: the act of moving away in different direction from a common point; "an angle is formed by the divergence of two straight lines"
- 2. deviation, divergence, departure, difference, variation, fluctuation
- usage: a variation that deviates from the standard or norm; "the deviation from the mean"
- 3. divergence, divergency, series
- usage: an infinite series that has no limit
- 4. discrepancy, disagreement, divergence, variance, difference
- usage: a difference between conflicting facts or claims or opinions; "a growing divergence of opinion"
All rights reserved.
See also: divergence (Dictionary)