- 1. falsify, distort, garble, warp, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make false by mutilation or addition; as of a message or story
- 2. twist, twine, distort, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: form into a spiral shape; "The cord is all twisted"
- 3. contort, deform, distort, wring, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist and press out of shape
- 4. tinge, color, colour, distort, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: affect as in thought or feeling; "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"; "The sadness tinged his life"
- 5. deform, distort, strain, shape, form
- usage: alter the shape of (something) by stress; "His body was deformed by leprosy"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deformed, distorted, ill-shapen, malformed, misshapen, unshapely (vs. shapely)
- usage: so badly formed or out of shape as to be ugly; "deformed thalidomide babies"; "his poor distorted limbs"; "an ill-shapen vase"; "a limp caused by a malformed foot"; "misshapen old fingers"
- 2. distorted, misrepresented, perverted, twisted, disingenuous (vs. ingenuous), artful
- usage: having an intended meaning altered or misrepresented; "many of the facts seemed twisted out of any semblance to reality"; "a perverted translation of the poem"
All rights reserved.
See also: distorted (Dictionary)