Synonyms of distort
- 1. falsify, distort, garble, warp, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make false by mutilation or addition; as of a message or story
- 2. twist, twine, distort, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: form into a spiral shape; "The cord is all twisted"
- 3. contort, deform, distort, wring, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist and press out of shape
- 4. tinge, color, colour, distort, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: affect as in thought or feeling; "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"; "The sadness tinged his life"
- 5. deform, distort, strain, shape, form
- usage: alter the shape of (something) by stress; "His body was deformed by leprosy"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of distort (Dictionary)