Synonyms of dissipate
- 1. disperse, dissipate, dispel, break up, scatter, separate, divide
- usage: to cause to separate and go in different directions; "She waved her hand and scattered the crowds"
- 2. disperse, dissipate, scatter, spread out, separate, part, split
- usage: move away from each other; "The crowds dispersed"; "The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached";
- 3. fritter, frivol away, dissipate, shoot, fritter away, fool, fool away, consume, squander, waste, ware
- usage: spend frivolously and unwisely; "Fritter away one's inheritance"
- 4. dissipate, live
- usage: live a life of pleasure, especially with respect to alcoholic consumption
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dissipate (Dictionary)