WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dissimilar (vs. similar)
- usage: not similar; "a group of very dissimilar people"; "a pump not dissimilar to those once found on every farm"; "their understanding of the world is not so dissimilar from our own"; "took different (or dissimilar) approaches to the problem"
- 2. unalike (vs. alike), dissimilar
- usage: not alike or similar; "as unalike as two people could be"
- 3. unlike (vs. like), dissimilar, different
- usage: marked by dissimilarity; "for twins they are very unlike"; "people are profoundly different"
All rights reserved.
See also: dissimilar (Dictionary)