- 1. dissent, objection
- usage: (law) the difference of one judge's opinion from that of the majority; "he expressed his dissent in a contrary opinion"
- 2. dissent, disagreement
- usage: a difference of opinion
- 3. protest, objection, dissent, resistance
- usage: the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dissent, disagree, differ, dissent, take issue
- usage: withhold assent; "Several Republicans dissented"
- 2. protest, resist, dissent, oppose, controvert, contradict
- usage: express opposition through action or words; "dissent to the laws of the country"
- 3. disagree, differ, dissent, take issue
- usage: be of different opinions; "I beg to differ!"; "She disagrees with her husband on many questions"
All rights reserved.
See also: dissent (Dictionary)