Synonyms of dissembling
- 1. pretense, pretence, feigning, dissembling, misrepresentation, deceit, deception
- usage: pretending with intention to deceive
- 2. deception, deceit, dissembling, dissimulation, falsification, misrepresentation
- usage: the act of deceiving
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
- 2. dissemble, cloak, mask, disguise, mask
- usage: hide under a false appearance; "He masked his disappointment"
- 3. dissemble, pretend, act
- usage: behave unnaturally or affectedly; "She's just acting"
All rights reserved.