WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dislocation, disruption, interruption, break
- usage: an event that results in a displacement or discontinuity
- 2. dislocation, breakdown, disruption, perturbation
- usage: the act of disrupting an established order so it fails to continue; "the social dislocations resulting from government policies"; "his warning came after the breakdown of talks in London"
- 3. dislocation, injury, hurt, harm, trauma
- usage: a displacement of a part (especially a bone) from its normal position (as in the shoulder or the vertebral column)
All rights reserved.
See also: dislocation (Dictionary)