WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decomposition, disintegration, decay
- usage: in a decomposed state
- 2. disintegration, disability, disablement, handicap, impairment
- usage: a loss (or serious disruption) of organization in some system; "a disintegration of personality"
- 3. dissolution, disintegration, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: separation into component parts
- 4. decay, radioactive decay, disintegration, nuclear reaction
- usage: the spontaneous disintegration of a radioactive substance along with the emission of ionizing radiation
- 5. annihilation, disintegration, destruction, demolition, wipeout
- usage: total destruction; "bomb tests resulted in the annihilation of the atoll"
All rights reserved.
See also: disintegration (Dictionary)