- 1. dish, crockery, dishware, container
- usage: a piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food; "we gave them a set of dishes for a wedding present"
- 2. dish, nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
- usage: a particular item of prepared food; "she prepared a special dish for dinner"
- 3. dish, dishful, containerful
- usage: the quantity that a dish will hold; "they served me a dish of rice"
- 4. smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish, woman, adult female
- usage: a very attractive or seductive looking woman
- 5. dish, dish aerial, dish antenna, saucer, directional antenna
- usage: directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
- 6. cup of tea, bag, dish, activity
- usage: an activity that you like or at which you are superior; "chemistry is not my cup of tea"; "his bag now is learning to play golf"; "marriage was scarcely his dish"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. serve, serve up, dish out, dish up, dish, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide (usually but not necessarily food); "We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show"
- 2. dish, shape, form
- usage: make concave; shape like a dish
All rights reserved.
See also: dish (Dictionary)