WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disengage, withdraw, let go of, let go, release, relinquish
- usage: release from something that holds fast, connects, or entangles; "I want to disengage myself from his influence"; "disengage the gears"
- 2. free, disengage
- usage: free or remove obstruction from; "free a path across the cluttered floor"
- 3. disengage, change state, turn
- usage: become free; "in neutral, the gears disengage"
All rights reserved.
See also: disengage (Dictionary)