WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. discretion, liberty
- usage: freedom to act or judge on one's own
- 2. discretion, discreetness, circumspection, prudence, sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment
- usage: knowing how to avoid embarrassment or distress; "the servants showed great tact and discretion"
- 3. delicacy, discretion, taste, appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness
- usage: refined taste; tact
- 4. free will, discretion, power, powerfulness
- usage: the power of making free choices unconstrained by external agencies
- 5. discretion, discernment, wisdom, wiseness
- usage: the trait of judging wisely and objectively; "a man of discernment"
All rights reserved.
See also: discretion (Dictionary)