Synonyms of discredited
- 1. discredit, dismiss, disregard, brush aside, brush off, discount, push aside, ignore
- usage: cause to be distrusted or disbelieved; "The paper discredited the politician with its nasty commentary"
- 2. discredit, disgrace, disparage, belittle, pick at
- usage: damage the reputation of; "This newspaper story discredits the politicians"
- 3. disbelieve, discredit, reject
- usage: reject as false; refuse to accept
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. discredited, damaged, disreputable (vs. reputable)
- usage: being unjustly brought into disrepute; "a discredited politician"; "her damaged reputation"
- 2. discredited, disgraced, dishonored, shamed, ashamed(predicate) (vs. unashamed)
- usage: suffering shame
All rights reserved.